Who will install the equipment?
All our equipment is product tested and complies with British Standards. It will be installed by the Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue Service and includes a free home fire safety check.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you apply:
Before you can submit an application online you will be required to read and agree to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice, and consent to your information being stored and shared in accordance with the Safe at Home guidelines. Unfortunately, without your consent we are unable to process your application.
- Applications will only be accepted from the parent or legal guardian of the child (this must be the person who is in receipt of the child benefit).
- Only one application per household is permitted. If you have previously had a home safety check you will not qualify for a further visit, regardless of additional siblings. Please contact us for further information.
- You must be the parent or legal guardian of the child to qualify for a Safe at Home check
- If applying for equipment please note that evidence of benefits must be shown to the home safety advisor prior to installation of equipment. Failure to produce documents will result in equipment not being installed. If you have recently applied for benefits then you should wait until eligibility is confirmed before submitting an application to Safe at Home.
- Once an application is submitted a Safe at Home representative will contact you to make a convenient appointment to visit your home. Please note that we only offer one appointment slot. Any missed appointments may not be rescheduled, resulting in a cancelled application. Please give 48 hours’ notice if you wish to reschedule an appointment.
- Safe at Home is a loan scheme. Once you have finished using the equipment you must contact the scheme to arrange collection of items (such as safety gates and fireguards).
- If you move home please contact us regarding removal and refit of any safety equipment. Please note we only refit to properties in Luton.
- Safety gates are only recommended for children up to the age of 24 months due to product compliance regulations, therefore we do not supply or install for children over this age. If you have safety gates fitted, the scheme will contact you to remove and collect the gates once your youngest child is over 24 months.
- Private landlords – the tenant must acquire consent from the landlord prior to the Home Safety Check appointment, permitting equipment to be installed in the property.
- We do not offer a making good service when equipment is removed.
- There is no guarantee that all equipment can be fitted.
- Safe at Home scheme or installers will not be responsible for any future maintenance or any legal consequences arising out of the failure or provision of the equipment. Product instructions will be provided during installation.
- If you have any queries or need to contact the scheme please contact us on 0755 3348 485 / 0754 5043 551 or email email@example.com