Who will install the equipment?
All our equipment is product tested and complies to British Standards and is installed by the Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue Service and includes a free home fire safety check.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you apply:
Before you can submit an application online you will be required to read and agree to our Terms & Conditions and our Privacy Notice and consent for your information to be stored and shared in accordance with the Safe at Home guidelines, unfortunately if you do not consent we are unable to process your application.
- Applications will only be accepted from the parent or legal guardian of the child (this must be the person who is in receipt of the child benefit).
- Only 1 application per household is permitted (if you have already had a home safety check previously you will not qualify for a further application regardless of additional siblings and should contact us for further information).
- You must be the parent or legal guardian of the child to qualify for a Safe at Home check
- If applying for equipment – note evidence of benefits must be shown to the home safety advisor prior to installation of equipment – failure to produce documents will result in equipment not being installed– if you have only just applied for benefits then you should wait until benefit eligibility is confirmed before competing an application to Safe at Home.
- Once an application is submitted a Safe at Home representative will contact you to make a convenient appointment to visit your home, please note we only offer one appointment slot therefore any missed appointments may not be rescheduled resulting in a cancelled application. If you wish to reschedule an appointment 48 hours’ notice is required.
- Safe at Home is a loan scheme – once you have finished using the equipment you must contact the scheme regarding collection of some items (such as safety gates and fireguards).
- If you move home you should contact us regarding removal and refit of any safety equipment. Note we only refit to properties in Luton.
- Safety gates are only recommended for children up to the age of 24 months due to product compliance regulations therefore we do not supply or install for children over this age. If you have safety gates fitted the scheme will contact you once your youngest child is over 24 month to remove and collect the gates.
- Private landlords – tenant must acquire consent from the landlord prior to the Home Safety Check appointment before equipment can be installed in the property.
- We do not offer a making good service when equipment is removed.
- We do not guarantee that all equipment can be fitted.
- Safe at Home scheme or installers will not be responsible for any future maintenance or any legal consequences arising out of the failure or provision of the equipment. Product instructions will be provided during installation.
- If you have any queries or need to contact the scheme please contact us on 0755 3348 485 / 0754 5043 551 or email email@example.com